The air presure required in your fork will vary depending on the model of fork, and the style of your bike. For DebonAir, SoloAir, and Dual Postion Air, you will determine require pressure based on the percent sag, the amount of full travel that the suspension compresses when the ride is on the bicycle in a normal riding position.
Front suspension air pressure recommendations listed on the back of your fork and at RockShox Trailhead are suggestions for initial spring setup.
NOTE: For Pike C1, Lyrik D1, or ZEB A2 using Charger 3 and DebonAir+, see our DebonAir+ setup FAQ. To identify your air spring, enter your serial number into the SRAM Service Site or the RockShox Trailhead App.
SETTING AIR PRESSURE
1) Set the dampers to the fully open positions before setting the sag. Rotate the adjusters counter-clockwise until they stop. Remote: Set the compression damper to the open position.
2) Pressurize the air spring to the recommended starting air pressure. Remove the pump.
IMPORTANT: Do not compress the suspension with the pump attached.
- Dual Position Air only: Pressurize the fork in the full travel position.
- Solo Air and DebonAir only: Compress the fork through at least 50% of its travel five times to equalize positive and negative air pressures. Air pressure equalization ensures the positive air spring is accurately pressurized. Pressurize the air spring to the recommended starting pressure once more. Remove the pump. Do not compress the suspension with the pump attached.
3) Solo Air and DebonAir only: Compress the fork through at least 50% of its travel five more times to equalize positive and negative air pressures. With riding gear on, and an assistant holding the bike, stand on the pedals and compress the fork three times. Then sit or stand in your normal riding position. Have your assistant slide the sag o-ring down to the top of the dust wiper seal.
4) Gently step off the bicycle without compressing the fork any further. Note the sag percentage where the o-ring stopped. If necessary, readjust the air pressure to reach your target sag position.
- Increase air pressure to decrease sag
- Decrease air pressure to increase sag
5) Repeat the sag process until reaching your target sag percentage.
Tech Tip: If you are still bottoming out with the desired sag, check out our Bottomless Tokens FAQ.