No. The use of alkaline batteries in the pedal sensor is NOT approved. Alkaline AAA batteries have a significantly decreased battery life, trigger low battery messages almost immediately, and are susceptible to corrosion and leakage that can damage the electronics. Always use AAA lithium batteries.
Can I use alkaline AAA batteries in the pedal sensor?
- What happens if a battery loses power / dies?
- What type of batteries do the Flight Attendant components use and what is the expected lifespan?
- Will cold temperatures affect the battery life of Flight Attendant parts?
- Should I always remove the batteries and replace with covers when transporting my bike?
- What happens if I lose or forget a SRAM AXS battery? Can I use one battery to move each component into open?