Yes! For example, if upgrading an MY23 RockShox fork without ButterCups to the Charger 3 damper or DebonAir+ air spring with ButterCups, they may only exist on one side. Utilizing ButterCups on one side will be half as effective as utilizing ButterCups on both the damper and air spring sides.
Articles in this section
- Are ButterCups tunable?
- How do I know if my RockShox fork has ButterCups?
- Why are ButterCups called ButterCups?
- What is the material that lives inside ButterCups?
- Do ButterCups allow for lateral compliance as well as vertical compliance in the bumpers?
- How much weight do ButterCups add?
- How much travel do ButterCups offer?
- Can I run ButterCups on one side only and does it still reduce trail chatter?
- Are ButterCups serviceable? How long will they last before they need replacement?
- Can I buy ButterCups aftermarket and add it to my existing RockShox fork?